A Book on Viking Sword Finds in the UK.
This book is by UK author, Tai Larson, featuring his own and other private collections of UK Viking artefacts. It is fully illustrated with clear photographs and full explanations of all documented items. Some of the artfefacts included are Viking swords, helmets, spear heads, scabbard chapes, axe heads, drinking horns, stirrups, necklaces, bracelets, arm rings, brooches, shield bosses, chainmail, knives and even grooming products, such as combs. It has 97 A4 sized pages and includes a full picture index at the back for reference.
As well as the clear photographic illustrations, it also delves into some of the history of the Vikings, the common modern misconceptions and even includes quotes from the Havamal too! It is a one of a kind in the way that it goes into detail about each find and what that represents in the historical calendar and how it immerses you in the Viking culture!
I was lucky enough to meet the author and as a rare treat he actually brought 2 genuine Viking swords to us so I could feel the weight and see the work and ingenuity of how these were forged over 1100 years ago!
Book size - 28 x 21cm (11 x 8.25 inch)
97 full colour illustrated pages.
Weight - 492g (17.3 oz).
The Viking Dragon is the only current UK retailer!
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / EVRI as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 2.95 GBP for UK small tracked packages, or FREE if your order is over £100!
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 1pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-10 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-10 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2024:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Friday 29th March - Good Friday
- Monday 1st April - Easter Monday
- Monday 6th May - Early May bank holiday
- Monday 27th May - Spring bank holiday
- Monday 26th August - Summer bank holiday
- Wednesday 25th December - Christmas Day
- Thursday 26th December - Boxing Day