A direct replica of the original found in Burge, Gotland, Sweden, c.950-1050.
Viking arm rings signified a Viking warrior's right of passage and a symbol of manhood. They were worn either just above the elbow or just above the bicep and a Viking warrior's experience was signified by the amount of arm rings that he, or she wore. Many of our Viking armrings are direct replicas of original Viking finds and others use designs from genuine Viking artefacts.
This is the full 10mm thickness version, newly designed to be worn as a bracelet, rather than an arm ring, and we also stock this bracelet in 8mm, 6mm & 4mm thickness too.
- Made using the same techniques as used over 1000 years ago, by twisting silver rods and adding cast silver heads.
- Internal dimensions 70 x 50mm (2.75 x 2 inches).
- Internal circumference 19.5cm (7.7 inches), but can be opened up larger, or closed together gently once on the wrist..
- Thickness 10mm (0.4 inch) tapering to 8mm. (0.3 inch).
- Weight approx. 97g (3.4oz).