Hand-Forged Iron Age Woman's Knife
This style of knife was in use from Iron Age to Viking times. It has been hand-forged in the Netherlands by a master craftsman from case-hardened iron and given a razor sharp blade. Great for eating, skinning, feasting, leatherwork & other crafts.
The shape of the knife indicates it would have been used for scraping animal hides, which was traditionally the woman's job in Viking culture. Today it can be used by Viking men or women and handy for various uses, such as eating, leather craft, whittling, skinning, hide scraping, etc.
Total knife length: 15cm (6 inches). Blade length: 8.2cm (3.25 inches).
Buy the knife on its own, have it with a handmade leather sheath.
Knife weight approx: 37g (1.3oz), with sheath: 60g (2.1oz).
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 3.25 GBP for UK large letter packages.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2023:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Monday 8th May 2023 (King's Coronation).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2022 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).