Amber Thors Hammer Pendant
Amber Thors Hammer Pendant
Tower House Business Centre, Fishergate
Jelling Dragon Ltd
York YO10 4UA
Hand-cut and polished amber Thor's hammers in 3 different sizes.
All of our amber jewelry is handmade from solid pieces of genuine Baltic amber from Northern Europe.
Baltic amber is made from 44 million year old fossilized tree resin that is found on the Baltic sea coast. It was often used by the Vikings for making Thor's hammers and other jewelry.
Amber was a valuable commodity and traded from the iron age onward and was collected from the Baltic sea to be traded all over Europe by the Vikings.
Made from cut and polished pieces of genuine Baltic amber with a 2mm hole drilled for suspension and complete with leather thong to hang it from. Individually handmade from natural amber, so shape, size and colour will vary. Each one is unique and made especially for us!
Small size dimensions:
- Length approx. 22mm (0.85 inch),
- Width approx. 20mm (0.8 inch),
- Thickness approx. 5 - 6mm (0.2 - 0.25 inch),
- Weight 1 - 1.2g. (0.035 - 0.04oz).
Medium size dimensions:
- Length approx 30mm (1.2 inch),
- Width approx. 28mm (1.1 inch),
- Thickness 5 - 6mm (0.2 - 0.25 inch),
- Weigh 1.6 - 2.2g. (0.05 - 0.08oz).
Large size dimensions:
- Length approx. 35mm (1.35 inch),
- Width approx. 32mm (1.25 inch),
- Thickness approx. 6-8mm (0.2 - 0.3 inch),
- Weight 4.2 - 5.2g. (0.15 - 0.18oz).
- All come complete with a length of leather thong to hang it from.
- Please note that as amber is quite brittle then do not use a metal clasp to hang them, just use a leather thong, or linen cord.
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at £3.50 GBP for Evri UK courier.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2022 / 2023:
- Monday 26th to Tuesday 27th December 2022 (Christmas).
- Monday 2nd January 2023 (New Year's Day).
- Friday 7th April to Monday 10th April 2023 (Easter).
- Monday 1st May 2023 (May Day).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2023 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).