Hand-Stitched Wool Viking Cloak.
Our standard wool Viking cloaks are a rectangular sheet of wool with traditional hand-stitched edges and suitable for Viking reenactment.
- Basic wool Viking cloak. (Brooch not included)
- Made from natural, or plant-dyed wool with hand-stitched edges.
- They measure 150 x 110cm (59 x 43 inches).
- GREEN CLOAKS IN STOCK NOW! (All other colours currently made to order in 6-8 weeks).
Please be aware that colours may seem darker indoors.
Other colours will be made to order in 6 - 8 weeks (see colour chart image). Select 'Custom' colour to order, then include the color and code in the order notes.
Wool washing instructions
Wool very rarely needs to be washed as it does not retain dirt or odours, hanging on the washing line to air occasionally is usually enough. If you do need to clean it more thoroughly then the best way is to rub it in snow! Next best is to gently hand wash it in cold soapy water. The reason for this is that any heat / movement will cause wool to felt, making the material denser and in the process causing it to shrink, the more times you wash it the more it will shrink until eventually it becomes just a dense mat of felt. This is why there is no such thing as 'pre-shrunk' wool!
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / EVRI as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 2.95 GBP for UK small tracked packages, or FREE if your order is over £100!
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 1pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-10 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-10 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2024:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Friday 29th March - Good Friday
- Monday 1st April - Easter Monday
- Monday 6th May - Early May bank holiday
- Monday 27th May - Spring bank holiday
- Monday 26th August - Summer bank holiday
- Wednesday 25th December - Christmas Day
- Thursday 26th December - Boxing Day