The Lur is a long natural wood blowing horn without finger holes. They were first noted from the Icelandic Sagas and many have been found in Viking longships. They are thought to have been used as 'war horns' to marshal the troops, or to frighten the enemy.
- Handmade in Northern Europe from 2 pieces of willow wood, held together with resin and bound with hemp. The originals were bound with natural willow fibres.
- Lengths range from 85 - 90cm (33.5 - 35.5 inch), width at widest point around 8cm (3.15 inch).
- Each one is unique in length, shape and width, with some of them fairly straight and other slightly curled at the end.
- Much easier to blow than our bugle horns and a great resonating sound!
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at £3.50 GBP for Evri UK courier.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2022 / 2023:
- Monday 26th to Tuesday 27th December 2022 (Christmas).
- Monday 2nd January 2023 (New Year's Day).
- Friday 7th April to Monday 10th April 2023 (Easter).
- Monday 1st May 2023 (May Day).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2023 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).