The Edda, which was written around 1220, is the most important source on the gods of the Vikings. It has been described as "one of the best story-books of the Middle Ages". The Viking Gods contains excerpts from this classical text in a new and readable translation. The Vikings believed that Odin and Thor and the other gods were immortal, and history has proven them right. Their names are mentioned by millions of people every day, as the days of the week are named after the Viking gods: Tuesday after Tyr; Wednedsay after Odin (or Wodin); Thursday after Thor and Friday after Frey. Everyone has heard of Thor and Odin, and many people are familiar with the names of other Viking Gods such as Frey and Freyja, Baldur, Nanna, Heimdall, and Bragi. Now you can read all about them.
This highly attractive book contains more than 30 line drawings by Lorenz Frolich (1820-1908), watercoloured by Eggert Petursson. The books in this series, with original, short texts have long established their popularity and appeal. These new and readable translations are presented in a handy and attractive format.
Title: The Viking Gods: From Snorri Sturluson's "Edda".
Publication Date: 11th Edition - 2017
Illustrator: Frolich, Lorenz
Book Condition: Brand New
Paperback: 80 pages
Dimensions: 11.6 x 0.8 x 19.8 cm
NEW PRODUCT FROM THE JELLING / VIKING DRAGON!
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 3.25 GBP for UK large letter packages.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2023:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Monday 8th May 2023 (King's Coronation).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2022 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).