We are the first retailer of this new and inspiring book from Susanna Broome!
The Vendel period spans from the 6th to 8th century AD. There are no clothing fragments that have been recovered from this age that could be classed as men's clothing and only small fragments of women's clothing.
The most reliable sources from the Vendel period have been found in women's graves and depictions on gold foil figures, pressblech and Gotland picture stones.
The designs and techniques seen in this amazing new book from Susanna Broome show interpretations of clothing worn in Vendel period Scandinavia.
It includes patterns and designs for tunics, trousers, wrap-over coats, Peplos and shawls / cloaks.
Peplos were the predecessor to the Viking age Smokkr and most examples have been found dating back to the late iron age.
For more info then get yourself this booklet and have a go at making your own Vendel / early Viking age clothing.
Get it as an add-on to our Viking clothing book range.
Step by step instructions in English.
From beginner to expert.
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 3.25 GBP for UK large letter packages.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2023:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Monday 8th May 2023 (King's Coronation).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2022 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).