A runic arm ring / bracelet covered in interlaced dragon designs in the Ringerike style, ending in Thor's hammer and Valknut motifs.
Viking arm rings signified a Viking warrior's right of passage and a symbol of manhood. They were worn either just above the elbow or just above the bicep and a Viking warrior's experience was signified by the amount of arm rings that he, or she wore. Many of our Viking armrings are direct replicas of orignal Viking finds and others use designs from genuine Viking artefacts.
- The runes are taken from original inscriptions, and read: heil fer thu ok i hugum gothum (from a rune stick from 12th century Bergen), meaning 'health to you and peace of mind'.
- The inscription continues: Thor thik sigi, Freya thik vigi, Othinn vigi thesar runar, meaning 'Thor protect you, Freya bless you, Odin bless these runes'.
- Inscription taken from various runestones from 10th and 11th century Denmark and Sweden and an Anglo-Saxon manuscripts.
- Large - 75 x 55mm (3 x 2.2 inch), internal circumference - 20 - 22cm (8 - 9 inch). Thickness 16mm (0.6 inch), tapering to 9mm (0.35 inch). Weight 76g (2.7oz).
- Medium - 65 x 50mm (2.5 x 2 inch), internal circumference - 18 - 20cm (7 - 8 inch). Thickness 16mm (0.6 inch), tapering to 9mm (0.35 inch). Weight 50g (1.75oz).
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 3.25 GBP for UK large letter packages.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2023:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Monday 8th May 2023 (King's Coronation).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2022 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).