The Easiest, Clearest Ever Guide to Nalbinding!
Called Nålbindning in the native Swedish, it is also known in English as nalbinding, nalebinding, nalbindning, naalbinding, naalebinding or needle binding. Nalbinding is an ancient technique used to produce hats, socks, mittens and other woolen goods using a single short needle and lengths of woolen yarn. Although later superceded by knitting, a technique that uses 2 needles instead of one, nålbindning produces garments of a superior quality with stitches that do not run if snagged and a weave that is more dense and therefore easier to felt, providing maximum protection from cold or moisture. It is for this reason that the nalbinding technique was still used until very recently in some parts of Scandinavia.
- A4 size 23 page instruction book with full colour pictures throughout.
- Step by step instructions in both English and Swedish.
- Designed for the absolute beginner to learn this ancient technique.
- 4th edition with clear instructions and photos that you can easily follow.
- Two different techniques, one from a Medieval find from Lund in Sweden and one from a Viking age find from Mammen in Denmark.
- Includes patterns and instructions on how to make wool wrist-warmers, mittens and socks.