Rob Wildwood's Guide to Britain's Natural Sacred Sites.
Enchanted Forests, Haunted Waters, Magic Caves, Sacred Springs, Holy Wells, Mystic Mountains, Fairy Hills and places of Magic and Miracles in the landscape of Scotland, Wales, England and Cornwall.
Discover Britain's Magical Places using this handy guidebook packed with stunning full colour photographs, extracts of folklore and directions and map references to all the sites listed.
In ancient times the island of Britain was ruled by wild magic and elemental spirits of nature. Arthur and his knights roamed the land, faery magic haunted the twilight and the wild hunt could be heard crashing through the skies at night. This was the magical island of Albion, a legendary isle at the edge of the known World, the sacred island of Merlin the wizard.
There were once many places in Britain where the ancient magic of this isle could still be felt. But now, due to the ravages of time and the relentless onslaught of civilization, only a handful of these places still survive. Having escaped centuries of change these sacred places have become all but forgotten, little pockets of wild magic in a modern landscape.
In these magical places the ancient magic can still sometimes be felt and experienced if one is only willing to pause there for a while and let the clutter of the modern world recede from our minds to be replaced by the stillness of nature and the echoes of our ancient past.
In this book we shall explore these magical locations and shed some light upon these enchanted corners of our land that have lain shrouded in darkness and mystery for so long...
Handy softback format, ideal for travelling, 140 pages packed with full colour photographs, folklore and useful directions.
Book size: 9.5 x 8 x 0.4 inches / 24 x 20.2 x 1cm
Author: Rob Wildwood
Publication Date: April 2013
Second printing with minor adjustments: 2021
Weight: 450g (16oz)
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / EVRI as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 2.95 GBP for UK small tracked packages, or FREE if your order is over £100!
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 1pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-10 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-10 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2024:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Friday 29th March - Good Friday
- Monday 1st April - Easter Monday
- Monday 6th May - Early May bank holiday
- Monday 27th May - Spring bank holiday
- Monday 26th August - Summer bank holiday
- Wednesday 25th December - Christmas Day
- Thursday 26th December - Boxing Day