Silver Gotlandic Viking pendant with moveable crystal ball.
These Crystal Pendants are a beautiful example of the craftsmanship that went in to creating Viking Jewelry and art.
Our Crystal Viking pendants are made from balls of natural quartz crystal that have been polished and mounted in solid silver with intricate filigree design and are replicas of artifacts that have been found in Gotland, Sweden.
Pendants such as these have been found in various Gotland hoards, and the decoration of the mount is characteristically Slav. However, as similar pendants have not been found in Slav hoards it is likely that they were made late in the Viking age in Gotland, reflecting the island’s close contacts with Eastern Europe.
As the crystal ball is essentially a lens, there have been a number of suggestions for alternative uses of these items, such as magnifying lenses, reading stones, and even as fire starters, but we love them just as a beautiful and ornate jewelry piece.
They are as beautiful now as they were in days of the Vikings and can be worn as either authentic replica Viking jewelry, or just as a stunning pendant that will bring that extra sparkle to your outfit.
- Filigree silver casing in Gotlandic style with a 30mm (1.2 inch) quartz crystal ball.
- Available in 925 sterling silver only.
- Dimensions: 45 x 33 x 30mm (1.8 x 1.3 x 1.2 inch).
- Weight 56g (2oz).
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via 1st Class Royal Mail - Signed For / Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at 3.25 GBP for UK large letter packages.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2023:
The following dates there will be no postal services from us and our office will be closed:
- Monday 8th May 2023 (King's Coronation).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2022 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).