Reproduction of an 11th Century Rebec from Hedeby in Northern Germany.
The Rebec was originally called a Rubebe and was thought to have developed from the similar arabic rabāb. The Rebec is distinctive with its pair-shaped body and that the body is made from a single pieces of wood.
- Entirely handmade with birch wood top and pegs and walnut base, all stained with natural oils.
- Steel strings for durability.
- Length: 45cm (17.7 inch). Width at widest point: 16cm (6.3 inch). Depth: 9cm (3.5 inch).
- Weight approx: 655g (1.44 lb).
- Complete with handmade ash bow with natural horse hair and hessian wrapped handle.
- BRAND NEW ITEM & IN STOCK NOW!