Reproduction of a 6th Century Germanic lyre, found at Trossingen, Germany.
From time to time we get dark age lyres in stock and other musical instruments from Viking and Medieval times. These lyres are a prime example and hopefully will now be stocked regularly.
- Entirely handmade from ash wood with sycamore wood top and pegs and stained with natural oils.
- The bridge is top with hand-carved bone and the strings are nylon for modern day practical use.
- Length: 81cm (32 inch). Width at widest point: 19.5cm (7.7 inch). Depth: 2.5cm (1 inch).
- Weight: 740 - 785g (1.65 - 1.75 lb).
- Available in natural, or mahogany stain.
- Complete with hand-carved wooden tuning fork.
- 1 of each colour in stock now for immediate worldwide despatch!