Reproduction of a typical Viking Tagelharpa, found at various sites around Northern Europe. Also called a Talharpa, or bowed lyre, it is played using a bow and has strings tuned to G,D,A,E, with 3 steel strings & 1 nylon string to give it a bassy sound.
- Entirely handmade from alder wood with birch wood top and pegs and stained with natural oils.
- Chestnut colour left in stock now.
- Length: 50cm (19.7 inch). Width at widest point: 18cm (7.1 inch). Depth: 4cm (1.6 inch).
- Weight approx: 545g (1.2 lb).
- Complete with hand-carved wooden tuning fork and ash bow with horsehair.