Heilung's long awaited album 'Futha' is finally here and we are one of the first places to stock it! Futha’s lyrics originate from old Icelandic poetry, in which the holy women chant magic spells and offer their blessings. Nine songs in total, it all begins with the lengthy 'Galgaldr' where grating, raspy voices speak together with snarls and growls like playful wolf pups. There is a quiet ambiance of an everyday life complete with livestock and horns to awaken the day.
Heilung means 'healing' in the German language and this also describes the core of the band's sound. The listener is supposed to be left at ease and in a relaxed state after a magical musical journey that is at times turbulent. When Heilung self-released 'Ofnir' in 2015, the Danish band could hardly have anticipated the breakthrough success of their debut album. Spectacular live shows, strong critical acclaim, and a massive underground buzz added to the constantly high demand for this full-length are the reason why their new label Season of Mist decided to make this genuine marvel available again for the whole world to hear just how unique Heilung is. So if you like WARDRUNA, you will love HEILUNG!
9. Hamrer Hippyer
Heilung was founded in 2014 by our friend Kai Uwe Faust (tattoo artist specializing in Old Norse tattoos) and Christopher Juul of Euzen. Later, Maria Franz joined the band. In 2015, the band released their debut album Ofnir in self-release.
The band's first performance in 2017 were at Castlefest and at the Midgardsblot Metalfestival. The live performance at Castlefest was recorded and released with the name Lifa on Youtube and as a live album, which has received over 6.5 million views after its release on YouTube. Their 2017 performance at Midgardsblot was listed as one of the ten best performances of 2017 by Metal Hammer.
Heilung was nominated in the Best Underground Band category for a Metal Hammer Golden Gods Award in 2018
Shipping Costs & Shipping Times from The Viking Dragon.
All of our shipping costs are based on the weight and the size of your package and are calculated on the final checkout page.
All UK packages are now sent via Evri as standard, or Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' if you have specified this on the checkout page.
Any items going overseas are sent via 'International Tracked', or you can upgrade to 'Express Courier'.
Postage costs start at £3.50 GBP for Evri UK courier.
How long do we take to deliver?
If you order before 2pm (GMT) then your package will usually be sent out the same day via Royal Mail, unless it is a large package, which will sent via courier that pick up from us the next working day.
Average delivery times:
- UK - 1-3 working days (1-2 working days via Special Delivery).
- Europe (EU) - 5-15 working days.
- Europe (Non EU) - 5-15 working days.
- USA & Canada - 5-20 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Australia & New Zealand - 5-25 working days (sometimes longer if you have a rural location).
- Rest of the World - 5-35 working days.
- EXPRESS COURIER ORDERS CAN BE DELIVERED ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS, SO IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE YOU WILL GET YOUR ITEMS QUICKER.
Please note we are closed during UK public holidays and no mail will be sent.
UK Public Holidays 2022 / 2023:
- Monday 26th to Tuesday 27th December 2022 (Christmas).
- Monday 2nd January 2023 (New Year's Day).
- Friday 7th April to Monday 10th April 2023 (Easter).
- Monday 1st May 2023 (May Day).
- Monday 29th May 2023 (Spring Bank Holiday).
- Monday 28th August 2023 (Summer Bank Holiday).
- Monday 25th December to Tuesday 26th December 2023 (Christmas).